Skip to main content

Down South

After the fun beginning to our weekend, we ended up in Manning to finish it up. It was good to be back home and we got to spend some great time with my mom, stepdad, grandmother, sister and all her family, countless cousins and aunts and uncles :). I love that I am from a place where you can see your entire extended family in one fail swoop (is that the way that saying is spelled? never tried to spell it before).

I had really been wanting to see Daddy Scott's grave after the funeral to spend some time. So, my mom took me out to the graveyard and we spent some time there. My uncle had planted a cherry and dogwood tree at the grave that morning and it looked beautiful. We also went around to look at some other relatives' graves, including my great-grandmother whom I am named after. Here are some pictures....



Then, we headed out to the pond house to eat dinner with the family. We grilled out and all the family came. Ryan caught fish and was letting all my nieces and nephew check them out. Then, Big Ken showed up with a turkey he had killed. He decided to clean it out at the pond house and then even dissected the heart for all the kids to see. My nieces ended up bagging up the heart to take to school for show and tell since they were studying the heart in science class....pretty gruesome, I know! I was getting so cracked at how "countrified" the entire weekend was....as much as I forget sometimes, I really am a country girl!!!




I couldn't remember if I had put any pictures of the finished pond house on the blog..so here they are. Isn't it great?!!!

Sweet Davis posing for his "Aunt B"

My granddaddy's peach trees...blooming!!

Davis in the peach trees

Eadon, Ragin, Anna, Davis & friends on the dock

Crazy faces :)

Mom and Liz

Ryan trying to catch "the big one"

Elizabeth relaxing on the porch

Tripp

Dead turkey

The cleaning process


Turkey with heart.....

Heart after Big Ken had cut it open to show kid's the chambers....does this gross you out??

Ryan and a fish he caught

Meri, Liz, Mama Scott and Mom



Liz and Tripp

Harvin and Mama Scott

Sisters 

My bukes and me

It was such a wonderful weekend. Now, a week later, I am still loving the memories!!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jackson's Nursery

We are awaiting baby Jackson's arrival right now at 39 weeks and 4 days:) so, why not pass the time by sharing a few pictures of his nursery? We cannot wait to meet him and Ryan thinks that with the zoo/jungle theme we have going on in the nursery, Jackson is destined to be a zoo keeper.....we will see! I have had so much fun decorating and putting together his little room and I hope he loves it!!! Here is his crib with letters we made and a mirror that i love!!! His crib is from Target and the bedding is from Serena and Lilly  We got the letters from hobby lobby and then hot glued zoo animals onto the letters and the orange ribbon I was really into bamboo shades and love the way the windows turned out with the brown and white combo. His changing table is a dresser we got from the Pottery Barn outlet and then we got the cover from a shop on Etsy Ryan's dad repainted this rocking chair for Jackson. It was the chair that Ms. Cindy rocked Ryan and his brothe...

10 things...

I am such a copy-cat today, but I love this idea! My favorite, Beth Moore, started this on her blog,  and then I noticed my girls, Alyssa and Kathyrn did it on their blogs too. I am learning so many new things about people and, naturally, I need to do it now! Here are the directions: What are 10 things - right off the top of your head - that we would only know about you if we knew you really well? 10 random things ranging anywhere on your personal map that make you a tad distinctive? Or just plain weird? Think quickly. Don't go for deep. Go for quirky. Don't try to put them in any kind of order and don't make them long. Just start typing. Since this is the Reese blog, I will attempt to do it for both of Ryan and myself.... Anna: 1. I hate to shave. Freshman year of college, I only shaved once a week and my friends and people I worked with tried to straighten me out with weekly "armpit checks"...sick, but true. 2. I love zits, abscesses, blood blisters---an...

Miracle!!

Ryan and I are so so thankful and excited to make the announcement that we are having a baby! Right now, I have just finished up the first trimester. The baby is almost 15 weeks old. We actually get to find out the gender in a couple of weeks, which is so exciting! It has been such a wonderful time. The Lord has truly blessed us with this miracle. Through this process, the thing that I have been thinking the most of in my heart is that the Lord is good. I don't know why this truth is sometimes hard for me to soak in. Life is hard and trials happen- this is so true and the trials do not make God any less good. However, sometimes, the Lord just gives to His children. I find it so crazy that I am resistant to believe this at times, but I always look at the toughest or hardest outcome in a situation and assume that it will happen. However, through this, I have been reminded that although the Lord allows hard things to happen at times to shape and define us, He does good things a...