Skip to main content

Can't keep a good dog down....


Scout has had a tough time being a puppy.  He is a mere 6 months old, but has really been through it. From a bowel obstruction to a severe bacterial skin infection, the poor pup has not really had a normal childhood. It has been a constant joke around the house because last week, he was taking 4 pills in the morning, eyedrops in each eye and 3 pills at night!

All of his ailments have improved, so Ryan and I thought it would be a good time for him to get neutered.  Poor little guy...he just doesn't get a break :(

Here are some pics of Ryan and myself goofing around with Scout:


He really has been a joy to us. I think the Lord brought him in my life to teach me some flexibility, patience and selflessness.  It has been so much fun!

Scout did great for the surgery and is back to his old self on post op day 2 here at the house. When I went to pick him up yesterday, he was walking zig zag and wimpering...poor guy. But, you know I had to snap a few pics of him as we were on our trip back home....


As soon as we got back home, he was jumping and racing all over the house, so I don't think the surgery phased him to much. I am sure the future will hold many more sagas with Scout....what an adventure!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jackson's Nursery

We are awaiting baby Jackson's arrival right now at 39 weeks and 4 days:) so, why not pass the time by sharing a few pictures of his nursery? We cannot wait to meet him and Ryan thinks that with the zoo/jungle theme we have going on in the nursery, Jackson is destined to be a zoo keeper.....we will see! I have had so much fun decorating and putting together his little room and I hope he loves it!!! Here is his crib with letters we made and a mirror that i love!!! His crib is from Target and the bedding is from Serena and Lilly  We got the letters from hobby lobby and then hot glued zoo animals onto the letters and the orange ribbon I was really into bamboo shades and love the way the windows turned out with the brown and white combo. His changing table is a dresser we got from the Pottery Barn outlet and then we got the cover from a shop on Etsy Ryan's dad repainted this rocking chair for Jackson. It was the chair that Ms. Cindy rocked Ryan and his brothe...

10 things...

I am such a copy-cat today, but I love this idea! My favorite, Beth Moore, started this on her blog,  and then I noticed my girls, Alyssa and Kathyrn did it on their blogs too. I am learning so many new things about people and, naturally, I need to do it now! Here are the directions: What are 10 things - right off the top of your head - that we would only know about you if we knew you really well? 10 random things ranging anywhere on your personal map that make you a tad distinctive? Or just plain weird? Think quickly. Don't go for deep. Go for quirky. Don't try to put them in any kind of order and don't make them long. Just start typing. Since this is the Reese blog, I will attempt to do it for both of Ryan and myself.... Anna: 1. I hate to shave. Freshman year of college, I only shaved once a week and my friends and people I worked with tried to straighten me out with weekly "armpit checks"...sick, but true. 2. I love zits, abscesses, blood blisters---an...

Vacay to the BVI

Ryan and I went for a vacation a couple of weeks ago to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Our anniversary is not until August, but sometimes, things get crazy in the summer. So, we decided to take an early trip in April. We went to Biras Creek in Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. It was gorgeous!!! The only bad part was that it went by WAY TOO fast!!! The place was beautiful, quiet and so relaxing. I finally read The Hunger Games and so did Ryan. We enjoyed amazing meals that were prepared for us three times daily, blue skies and even bluer water, and some quality time with each other. It was such a blessing and came at a perfect time. Such a great opportunity to take a moment to stop and remember how much we love one another. Our favorite experience was snorkeling with a guy named Wayne from the resort. He took us to a few different reefs in the middle of the Caribbean ocean and we would jump off the boat and snorkel. It is amazing how many different colors or coral...