Skip to main content

Piece of Truth

Last week, I had Psalm 103 in my devotion reading. I am sure I had read the Psalm before, but as I read it in the midst of a current trial, it meant so much to me. It is a picture of rejoicing in what the Lord has done for us and how much He GIVES. I thought it may bring a few of you a word of hope and wanted to share. This isn't the chapter in it's entirety...just a few of my favorite verses. You can always look up the few pieces I have left out here...

PSALM 103

"Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all you sins and heals all you diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles....
The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquites. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us."


So, in case you, like myself, need to hear this today....KEEP HOPING....Don't give up. The Lord is FOR you!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jackson's Nursery

We are awaiting baby Jackson's arrival right now at 39 weeks and 4 days:) so, why not pass the time by sharing a few pictures of his nursery? We cannot wait to meet him and Ryan thinks that with the zoo/jungle theme we have going on in the nursery, Jackson is destined to be a zoo keeper.....we will see! I have had so much fun decorating and putting together his little room and I hope he loves it!!! Here is his crib with letters we made and a mirror that i love!!! His crib is from Target and the bedding is from Serena and Lilly  We got the letters from hobby lobby and then hot glued zoo animals onto the letters and the orange ribbon I was really into bamboo shades and love the way the windows turned out with the brown and white combo. His changing table is a dresser we got from the Pottery Barn outlet and then we got the cover from a shop on Etsy Ryan's dad repainted this rocking chair for Jackson. It was the chair that Ms. Cindy rocked Ryan and his brothe...

10 things...

I am such a copy-cat today, but I love this idea! My favorite, Beth Moore, started this on her blog,  and then I noticed my girls, Alyssa and Kathyrn did it on their blogs too. I am learning so many new things about people and, naturally, I need to do it now! Here are the directions: What are 10 things - right off the top of your head - that we would only know about you if we knew you really well? 10 random things ranging anywhere on your personal map that make you a tad distinctive? Or just plain weird? Think quickly. Don't go for deep. Go for quirky. Don't try to put them in any kind of order and don't make them long. Just start typing. Since this is the Reese blog, I will attempt to do it for both of Ryan and myself.... Anna: 1. I hate to shave. Freshman year of college, I only shaved once a week and my friends and people I worked with tried to straighten me out with weekly "armpit checks"...sick, but true. 2. I love zits, abscesses, blood blisters---an...

Vacay to the BVI

Ryan and I went for a vacation a couple of weeks ago to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Our anniversary is not until August, but sometimes, things get crazy in the summer. So, we decided to take an early trip in April. We went to Biras Creek in Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. It was gorgeous!!! The only bad part was that it went by WAY TOO fast!!! The place was beautiful, quiet and so relaxing. I finally read The Hunger Games and so did Ryan. We enjoyed amazing meals that were prepared for us three times daily, blue skies and even bluer water, and some quality time with each other. It was such a blessing and came at a perfect time. Such a great opportunity to take a moment to stop and remember how much we love one another. Our favorite experience was snorkeling with a guy named Wayne from the resort. He took us to a few different reefs in the middle of the Caribbean ocean and we would jump off the boat and snorkel. It is amazing how many different colors or coral...