Skip to main content

Becca's Wedding Weekend!

Becca is one of my roommates from college. Sally, Holland, Becca and I lived together in a pretty old house and got the nickname "Grannies". So, we have gone by the name Grannies since college. I love my sweet Grannies so much and this weekend, one of the Grans got married!!!

This weekend was Becca's wedding. It was a wonderful, wonderful weekend. So fun to celebrate the wedding of a sweet, dear friend and have other great friends there to see at the same time. 

Becca had a wedding at Edisto. We all came into town Thursday afternoon. Becca's family had a get-together and dinner for everyone who was there Thursday. It was great to be reunited with our Grannie girls and to see all the other bridesmaids and family.

Hols, Beccs and me with baby Daye

Doing our classic "beat each other up" picture with Daye, but we were extra careful...

Loved seeing Hols be so tender and nurturing to Sal's baby girl....so sweet

Bride with the baby

Friday morning, Becca's aunt hosted a Bridesmaid's Brunch. The food was delicious and we were lucky enough to get to be at the bride's table and get some special time with her. Becca gave us some gorgeous earrings and sweet grass baskets.

Craig's sister, LuWinn, and her girls

Becca and her mama

Grannies at brunch

Becca gave us all letters she had written. But, she had a ton of work to do and she left our letter to the very end. So, in this picture, Holland is posing with her card that just says, "bahhhahahaha"....we know she loves us dearly :)

Holland and Sally


Baby Daye dressed for the brunch...pretty in pink

Mama Sal with her baby...such a great mama!!

Cweeps with the baby

Loved that when Daye laid down she would stretch and kick...she was so long...

We went out to the beach some for Friday afternoon, then got ready for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Craig and Becca had a communion service before the rehearsal dinner that everyone could attend. It was a special time where the entire congregation including the bride and groom took communion together. Loved worshipping with the bride and groom on the eve of their wedding.

Sweet church where the wedding took place

Sal, me and Holland

ADPi girls...love the bond of sisterhood..

I love this one of my sweet Grannies


Model shot..

Handsome Ryan and me


Bride and me...Love you, Beccs

The rehearsal dinner food was delicious. I loved hearing all the words that were said about Becca and Craig....The Lord's faithfulness was preached and the couple was celebrated for how they live out their faith in the lives of others.

Wedding day then was upon us. We hung out on the beach until we had to get ready at the Plantation. Becca was absolutely stunning in her gown and all the preparations turned out absolutely perfect. The church and wedding ceremony was so sweet, complete with a gospel chior praising the Lord during the service. The reception site was at a plantation on Edisto with a gorgeous tent beside a marsh....so so beautiful...a true Southern wedding.

Baby Daye dressed for the wedding

Sweet Alyssa is my fellow blogger...thought I would capture her capturing me...

Holland with her flowers and a beer

Lauren Marie and Hogan

My man and me

Love Lama...

Our sweet bible study girls....miss this group so very much!!!

Boys were so angry that I took the picture at this moment...so, I had to take another one...


Me, Alyssa and Mandy

Being cweeps...

Trying to teach the baby how to take an "ADPi" picture with the diamond sign

Got to hold her while Sal ate some dinner...love this face!!


Bride with Daye

Sweet girls


Grannies posing with our favorite baby

Alyssa thought this was so funny because this was not a posed picture. Daye's passie fell out and she let out a little cry and this was all of our natural response...

Creeping with Daye

Aunt Holland with Daye

Love this backdrop...and this bride and groom

Becca and Craig posing for picture for me...so gorgeous!!

Cutting the cake...

Such a fun night of dancing and laughing and celebrating. It was perfect!! And now, Becca is married!!! So excited for you guys, Becca and Craig....Ryan and I love you both very much and look forward to years of friendship together!!

One last picture of the baby girl....check out these sweet and precious socks!!!

Comments

  1. She is so cute! Everybody in this blog is looking fabulous. I am also getting married next month and my friends have booked one of the venues in Chicago for the bachelorette party. Oh! I am going to miss them all. I will surely share my wedding pics with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Shame Game

Ashamed. That is one of the main feelings I can use to describe how I have felt this week. Ashamed. When my 4 year old fought against 3, yes 3, grown medical professionals trying to obtain a strep test (which he did have). I saw the looks they exchanged as he bit the tongue depressor and gritted his teeth and made their job a living nightmare. Ashamed. When it was my two boys fighting that caused the other little boy to run and tell his mom that they were making his play time not so much fun and then they left. I felt like I saw a look that she gave me too. Ashamed. As I carried two bawling, boneless children through Publix trying to get to my car after they pitched royal fits through most of the checkout line. I saw the look my grocery cart helper and an older lady walking by exchanged as they took in my helpless state against the two raging children. Ashamed. When I lost it on my 6 year old who needed me to stay in the room so he could go to sleep when I was trying to

On Faith and Suffering

Suffering....it is not an easy thing to bear up under. I feel that as life goes on, I am seeing more and more suffering around me. I have recently been through a tough season in my life. In the midst of difficult circumstances, it has caused me to look to God and question at times. I think sometimes in the Christian life, we are told, “Don’t question. Just believe. God is good all the time.” This, of course, is true but I think there is true beauty in the wrestling. In the coming out on the other side having a deeper faith because of where God has taken you on the journey. I have recently been reading in Hebrews and like God does, He somehow lined up the Scriptures and where I was reading to answer some of my questions right in the face. Questions like... “Why do people who love you have to suffer?” “I understand suffering is for your glory, but we already love you and are about your glory so do we have to go through it?” “Are you really big enough? Good? Faithful?” “Is it

Showering Our Baby!!!

Can I just say that we are so excited to meet baby Jackson??!! I am at 35 weeks today, so it may be only 5 weeks away.....woo hoo!!! One of the reasons that I am so excited is that we have had so many kind, generous, thoughtful friends who have given us wonderful gifts and showers for this baby boy. We have had a fun time celebrating him with all of these sweet, sweet people!!! Our first shower was a work shower that the people at my office threw for us. It was really sweet. They made wonderful food, complete with a baby fruit display :) They gave us cute clothes, gift cards, diapers and wipes and the Snap and Go stroller!!! They really were too, too generous!!! Baby fruit :) Beautiful ribbon for the hospital door Delicious cake!!! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate....mmmmm!!! Sweet basket full of goodies from them The whole crew after the shower Some of the people of our community group and that we have gotten to know through church threw us a couple s