Skip to main content

Baby Jackson's Nursery

We are awaiting baby Jackson's arrival right now at 39 weeks and 4 days:) so, why not pass the time by sharing a few pictures of his nursery? We cannot wait to meet him and Ryan thinks that with the zoo/jungle theme we have going on in the nursery, Jackson is destined to be a zoo keeper.....we will see! I have had so much fun decorating and putting together his little room and I hope he loves it!!!

Here is his crib with letters we made and a mirror that i love!!! His crib is from Target and the bedding is from Serena and Lilly

 We got the letters from hobby lobby and then hot glued zoo animals onto the letters and the orange ribbon

I was really into bamboo shades and love the way the windows turned out with the brown and white combo. His changing table is a dresser we got from the Pottery Barn outlet and then we got the cover from a shop on Etsy

Ryan's dad repainted this rocking chair for Jackson. It was the chair that Ms. Cindy rocked Ryan and his brothers in and Mr. Mike refinished and painted it...I love the way it turned out. The wardrobe is from Ikea and the little storage containers on top of the wardrobe worked out perfectly for his books and toys

 Love this cross we got at a shower....so special and sweet

Ryan picked out this rhino at Anthropologie. He is made out of recycled Haitian newspapers

My mom requested we have a bed in the room for when she comes to visit. We only have 2 bedrooms so we tried to fit a bed in so she would be able to stay. It is a trundle bed which is great because when Jackson gets older, his friend can sleep right beside him in the trundle. The monogrammed pillow is made by a sweet girl, Liz Ann and she did an awesome job. And, I love my little orange Ikea lamp.

It was a lot of fun to put everything together and see how it all turned out. I can't wait to watch him sleep in his crib and play with his toys and change him on his cute orange changing pad. We are playing the waiting game now just hoping for the little one to come soon and praying for a safe, healthy delivery!!!

Comments

  1. The nursery is so cute Anna! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its sooooo cute! i pray for you and little jackson so much, i cant wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that nursery! And Jackson is, too! Can't wait to hear that he's HERE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Shame Game

Ashamed. That is one of the main feelings I can use to describe how I have felt this week. Ashamed. When my 4 year old fought against 3, yes 3, grown medical professionals trying to obtain a strep test (which he did have). I saw the looks they exchanged as he bit the tongue depressor and gritted his teeth and made their job a living nightmare. Ashamed. When it was my two boys fighting that caused the other little boy to run and tell his mom that they were making his play time not so much fun and then they left. I felt like I saw a look that she gave me too. Ashamed. As I carried two bawling, boneless children through Publix trying to get to my car after they pitched royal fits through most of the checkout line. I saw the look my grocery cart helper and an older lady walking by exchanged as they took in my helpless state against the two raging children. Ashamed. When I lost it on my 6 year old who needed me to stay in the room so he could go to sleep when I was trying to

On Faith and Suffering

Suffering....it is not an easy thing to bear up under. I feel that as life goes on, I am seeing more and more suffering around me. I have recently been through a tough season in my life. In the midst of difficult circumstances, it has caused me to look to God and question at times. I think sometimes in the Christian life, we are told, “Don’t question. Just believe. God is good all the time.” This, of course, is true but I think there is true beauty in the wrestling. In the coming out on the other side having a deeper faith because of where God has taken you on the journey. I have recently been reading in Hebrews and like God does, He somehow lined up the Scriptures and where I was reading to answer some of my questions right in the face. Questions like... “Why do people who love you have to suffer?” “I understand suffering is for your glory, but we already love you and are about your glory so do we have to go through it?” “Are you really big enough? Good? Faithful?” “Is it

Showering Our Baby!!!

Can I just say that we are so excited to meet baby Jackson??!! I am at 35 weeks today, so it may be only 5 weeks away.....woo hoo!!! One of the reasons that I am so excited is that we have had so many kind, generous, thoughtful friends who have given us wonderful gifts and showers for this baby boy. We have had a fun time celebrating him with all of these sweet, sweet people!!! Our first shower was a work shower that the people at my office threw for us. It was really sweet. They made wonderful food, complete with a baby fruit display :) They gave us cute clothes, gift cards, diapers and wipes and the Snap and Go stroller!!! They really were too, too generous!!! Baby fruit :) Beautiful ribbon for the hospital door Delicious cake!!! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate....mmmmm!!! Sweet basket full of goodies from them The whole crew after the shower Some of the people of our community group and that we have gotten to know through church threw us a couple s