Skip to main content

Little Beach....Little Baby....

We have been having a great summer so far. We have been able to enjoy the beach twice so far this summer season, which has been amazing!! Ryan and I both had Memorial Day off, so we went to Litchfield. My sister and her family, mom and stepdad and brother were all at the beach. Trey even came to the beach to visit Ryan as well!! 

A few cute nieces and handsome nephew

Pretty girls on the beach

Trey and Ryan catching some rays

I joined them for a pic...

Hubby and me

Fun with the girls!

After a yummy dinner at Hanser House...Meme and Doc with a few of their grands...

Group pic!

Ken, Kayla and Davis

We then went to Litchfield with the Reese family last week. It was such a treat because for a few moments we had all the Reese boys and girls in one spot!!! Cory, Ashley, Matt, Britt, Ms. Cindy, Mr. Mike and ourselves were all together for some beach time. We enjoyed the sun, rested and had some good meals. 

Matt & Britt waiting for hushpuppies and Lee's Inlet Kitchen

Ms. Cindy and Mr. Mike looking presh in their matching yellow :)

Cute hubby and me

It was so much fun to watch the Bachlorette with the Reese girls. We were all wrapped up in blankets and had a few chuckles at some unfortunate wardrobe choices!!! (aka Ryan B. in the wife beater/tank top that was REALLY struggling...did any of y'all catch that??)

My birthday was Tuesday while we were at the beach. It was so nice to enjoy the sun and take a nap and spend time with family. We went out to eat at Frank's which was DELICIOUS!!! It was a great day!

Mr. Mike and Ms. Cindy before dinner

Ryan and me

Cory and Ash at dinner

Ms. Cindy and Mr. Mike

Ryan and I

The whole crew (missed you Matt and Britt)

Scout was boarded at a Bed and Breakfast at the beach (seriously...was named a bed and breakfast). So, we were able to pick him up during the day if we wanted to spend some time with him at the beach. He loves the waves and just rolls around in the sand. He had a fun time!!

Family beach pic

We went home on Wednesday. Sad to leave the beach, but we were also excited because we had a doctor's appointment and ultrasound. On this ultrasound, we could elect to find out what gender the baby was. Of course, we couldn't wait and were just bursting to find out. I was a little hesitant thinking that maybe the baby would be covered up and we would not be able to find out just yet. However, our sweet baby must have known how excited we were and just cooperated beautifully. Some of my family came to Greenville for the gender reveal and it was fun to set up the house to surprise them with the gender. 

Had this sign on the door when they all came over

Put blue streamers at the doorway and balloons for them to walk through when they came through the door (it's a boy, by the way!!!!!!)

Excited parents-to-be!!!

The family was pretty surprised, but of course, they were pumped!!!!

I found this great app for the I Phone so that we could take this picture to send out to the rest of the family and our friends to share our fun news!!!!

We can't believe we are having a baby boy!! So, so exciting!!! You can see we have been having some fun this summer! And, we have managed to squeeze some working in there too:) 

Picture of me and baby boy at 17 weeks!! Growing!!!

Comments

  1. Ryan B's tank top/wife beater was a big hit at our house that night, too. Big fashion mistake Bowers, ha! You look so cute : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Shame Game

Ashamed. That is one of the main feelings I can use to describe how I have felt this week. Ashamed. When my 4 year old fought against 3, yes 3, grown medical professionals trying to obtain a strep test (which he did have). I saw the looks they exchanged as he bit the tongue depressor and gritted his teeth and made their job a living nightmare. Ashamed. When it was my two boys fighting that caused the other little boy to run and tell his mom that they were making his play time not so much fun and then they left. I felt like I saw a look that she gave me too. Ashamed. As I carried two bawling, boneless children through Publix trying to get to my car after they pitched royal fits through most of the checkout line. I saw the look my grocery cart helper and an older lady walking by exchanged as they took in my helpless state against the two raging children. Ashamed. When I lost it on my 6 year old who needed me to stay in the room so he could go to sleep when I was trying to

On Faith and Suffering

Suffering....it is not an easy thing to bear up under. I feel that as life goes on, I am seeing more and more suffering around me. I have recently been through a tough season in my life. In the midst of difficult circumstances, it has caused me to look to God and question at times. I think sometimes in the Christian life, we are told, “Don’t question. Just believe. God is good all the time.” This, of course, is true but I think there is true beauty in the wrestling. In the coming out on the other side having a deeper faith because of where God has taken you on the journey. I have recently been reading in Hebrews and like God does, He somehow lined up the Scriptures and where I was reading to answer some of my questions right in the face. Questions like... “Why do people who love you have to suffer?” “I understand suffering is for your glory, but we already love you and are about your glory so do we have to go through it?” “Are you really big enough? Good? Faithful?” “Is it

Showering Our Baby!!!

Can I just say that we are so excited to meet baby Jackson??!! I am at 35 weeks today, so it may be only 5 weeks away.....woo hoo!!! One of the reasons that I am so excited is that we have had so many kind, generous, thoughtful friends who have given us wonderful gifts and showers for this baby boy. We have had a fun time celebrating him with all of these sweet, sweet people!!! Our first shower was a work shower that the people at my office threw for us. It was really sweet. They made wonderful food, complete with a baby fruit display :) They gave us cute clothes, gift cards, diapers and wipes and the Snap and Go stroller!!! They really were too, too generous!!! Baby fruit :) Beautiful ribbon for the hospital door Delicious cake!!! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate....mmmmm!!! Sweet basket full of goodies from them The whole crew after the shower Some of the people of our community group and that we have gotten to know through church threw us a couple s