Skip to main content

He is finally here!!!

Sweet baby Jackson was born last Friday at 5:37 pm. He is such a sweet, precious gift from above. He weighed in at 9 pounds and 3.9 ounces and was 21 1/4 inches long. I went into the hospital Thursday night for induction. After medications and breaking my water, Jackson still was not coming so we had to do a C-section. I am continuing to heal and we are adjusting to life with a new baby.

He has the most kissable cheeks ever and we are falling more and more in love every day. He loves to swing. He has a bit of a temper and gets mad when we change his diapers, when he is wet or dirty and when he is hungry (who can blame him, though). We have been so blessed by all the kind words and thoughtfulness people have shown us during this special time in our lives. Here are some pictures....

In the operating room, Jackson's first picture

My little boy

Daddy and Jackson

My stepdad, Big Ken, meeting him

Sal and Tay came to visit

 Aunt Britt and Uncle Matt

Sweet cweep

Love this precious family!!!

Matt and Britt holding their first nephew!


Mama and Ken 

Aunt Liz

Daddy and son

Ms. Cindy....still working on the grandmother name...

The two proud grandmamas

 Cory and Ash

Meme

Angie came for a visit too all the way from Chicago

Caroline meeting little Buddy

Sweet Maggie

Daddy Mike

4 generations of Reese men!!

Grammy and Jackson

Heading home

Ready to get out of the hospital!!!

Enjoying his swing

Susan and Mark enjoying meeting Jackson

Thank you to all of you for all your kindness and thoughtfulness you have shown us so far. We are learning so much and trying to take care of this precious boy. We are so thankful for God's goodness shown to us through this life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shame Game

Ashamed. That is one of the main feelings I can use to describe how I have felt this week. Ashamed. When my 4 year old fought against 3, yes 3, grown medical professionals trying to obtain a strep test (which he did have). I saw the looks they exchanged as he bit the tongue depressor and gritted his teeth and made their job a living nightmare. Ashamed. When it was my two boys fighting that caused the other little boy to run and tell his mom that they were making his play time not so much fun and then they left. I felt like I saw a look that she gave me too. Ashamed. As I carried two bawling, boneless children through Publix trying to get to my car after they pitched royal fits through most of the checkout line. I saw the look my grocery cart helper and an older lady walking by exchanged as they took in my helpless state against the two raging children. Ashamed. When I lost it on my 6 year old who needed me to stay in the room so he could go to sleep when I was trying to

On Faith and Suffering

Suffering....it is not an easy thing to bear up under. I feel that as life goes on, I am seeing more and more suffering around me. I have recently been through a tough season in my life. In the midst of difficult circumstances, it has caused me to look to God and question at times. I think sometimes in the Christian life, we are told, “Don’t question. Just believe. God is good all the time.” This, of course, is true but I think there is true beauty in the wrestling. In the coming out on the other side having a deeper faith because of where God has taken you on the journey. I have recently been reading in Hebrews and like God does, He somehow lined up the Scriptures and where I was reading to answer some of my questions right in the face. Questions like... “Why do people who love you have to suffer?” “I understand suffering is for your glory, but we already love you and are about your glory so do we have to go through it?” “Are you really big enough? Good? Faithful?” “Is it

Showering Our Baby!!!

Can I just say that we are so excited to meet baby Jackson??!! I am at 35 weeks today, so it may be only 5 weeks away.....woo hoo!!! One of the reasons that I am so excited is that we have had so many kind, generous, thoughtful friends who have given us wonderful gifts and showers for this baby boy. We have had a fun time celebrating him with all of these sweet, sweet people!!! Our first shower was a work shower that the people at my office threw for us. It was really sweet. They made wonderful food, complete with a baby fruit display :) They gave us cute clothes, gift cards, diapers and wipes and the Snap and Go stroller!!! They really were too, too generous!!! Baby fruit :) Beautiful ribbon for the hospital door Delicious cake!!! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate....mmmmm!!! Sweet basket full of goodies from them The whole crew after the shower Some of the people of our community group and that we have gotten to know through church threw us a couple s