Skip to main content

Reflections

I am currently about to be done with my last class ever in PA school. That fact combined with the fact that I have to turn in my computer in about an hour has inspired me to blog!

I cannot believe that this chapter of my life is almost done. As I look back over my life, I think of the many things that I have done and sacrificed to prepare for this moment. High school and working hard to make the best grades possible and be involved so that I could achieve something and do something with my life. College and majoring in Biology so that I could go into the health care field. Figuring out that I wanted to go to PA school and my course changing. I ended up having to take about 36 extra hours on top of biology courses just to get the pre-reqs I needed for PA school. I remember back to the application process and attempting to make sure everything was in order. Then I was devastated when I did not get into PA school that first time. I began a job after we got married at the Heart Center to make myself a more competitive candidate for PA school. Then, I applied again and got in!! And I have been working hard in the program since that May two years ago.

Once PA school began, it was test after test after test. Gross Anatomy, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, FCM and more classes that piled on tons of work. I never thought I would be able to make it. I cried, sighed, prayed, complained, embraced and tried to trust that it would all end up all right. Rotations started the next August and that brought with it an entire year of traveling and traveling away from my husband.

Through the hard testing, the days of doubts, the months of traveling, mean doctors that I cam across, I have finally made it. I am so grateful to God for giving me this opportunity. I hope and pray that I can glorify Him through this profession and I pray I will be able to help those who come to me for help. I am so thankful for Ryan and his love, support and encouragement that carried me through in the good and bad times and the laughter he gave me throughout the process. I am thankful for my family that was always willing to listen to my complaining, stories and hardship and always found the right words for me. I am thankful for sweet, wonderful friends I have made along the journey that I would not have known otherwise.

I just needed to get a little sentimental today and reflect on the journey that has been PA school. I still have a little ways to go with boards and applications, but I am so close to the goal. Thanks to all of you that have helped me along the way. And thanks to God for giving me His strength and teaching me that He will always provide despite the situation and circumstance!!!

Comments

  1. Hi Anna, I don't know if you remember me or not - we met in a Bible study freshman year in Patterson. I came across your blog and love it-I'm always encouraged after reading it. Your story is very inspiring...I'm going through the same thing with sonography school (i'm currently in the not getting accepted, trying to make myself a better candidate phase) and am actually considering PA school as well.

    Congratulations on finishing! That's such an accomplishment! I'm excited to see what God is going to do in your and Ryan's life next!
    Ashley Krieger

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you Anna! Its a huge accomplishment! I am thankful to be one of those friends you met along the way...youre awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Shame Game

Ashamed. That is one of the main feelings I can use to describe how I have felt this week. Ashamed. When my 4 year old fought against 3, yes 3, grown medical professionals trying to obtain a strep test (which he did have). I saw the looks they exchanged as he bit the tongue depressor and gritted his teeth and made their job a living nightmare. Ashamed. When it was my two boys fighting that caused the other little boy to run and tell his mom that they were making his play time not so much fun and then they left. I felt like I saw a look that she gave me too. Ashamed. As I carried two bawling, boneless children through Publix trying to get to my car after they pitched royal fits through most of the checkout line. I saw the look my grocery cart helper and an older lady walking by exchanged as they took in my helpless state against the two raging children. Ashamed. When I lost it on my 6 year old who needed me to stay in the room so he could go to sleep when I was trying to

On Faith and Suffering

Suffering....it is not an easy thing to bear up under. I feel that as life goes on, I am seeing more and more suffering around me. I have recently been through a tough season in my life. In the midst of difficult circumstances, it has caused me to look to God and question at times. I think sometimes in the Christian life, we are told, “Don’t question. Just believe. God is good all the time.” This, of course, is true but I think there is true beauty in the wrestling. In the coming out on the other side having a deeper faith because of where God has taken you on the journey. I have recently been reading in Hebrews and like God does, He somehow lined up the Scriptures and where I was reading to answer some of my questions right in the face. Questions like... “Why do people who love you have to suffer?” “I understand suffering is for your glory, but we already love you and are about your glory so do we have to go through it?” “Are you really big enough? Good? Faithful?” “Is it

Showering Our Baby!!!

Can I just say that we are so excited to meet baby Jackson??!! I am at 35 weeks today, so it may be only 5 weeks away.....woo hoo!!! One of the reasons that I am so excited is that we have had so many kind, generous, thoughtful friends who have given us wonderful gifts and showers for this baby boy. We have had a fun time celebrating him with all of these sweet, sweet people!!! Our first shower was a work shower that the people at my office threw for us. It was really sweet. They made wonderful food, complete with a baby fruit display :) They gave us cute clothes, gift cards, diapers and wipes and the Snap and Go stroller!!! They really were too, too generous!!! Baby fruit :) Beautiful ribbon for the hospital door Delicious cake!!! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate....mmmmm!!! Sweet basket full of goodies from them The whole crew after the shower Some of the people of our community group and that we have gotten to know through church threw us a couple s