Skip to main content

First Beach Trip of the Season!!

What a great first beach trip of the season it was!!! The Reeses were kind enough to host us in their newly-owned condo at Litchfield By the Sea. Ryan and I arrived for the week on Tuesday of last week. It was a wonderful week of beautiful weather, good food and sweet time with family. I got really into The Prince of Tides, a book by Pat Conroy, and was thoroughly entertained by that for the week...such a good book!! We went out to eat, worked on puzzles, went shopping, exercised and played Bocce ball. It was a week filled with family at my favorite place in the entire world!

Tuesday night at Lee's Inlet Kitchen. Everyone was cracked up because Ashley had the tallest heels ever on and was having to squat down to be even with the men in the group ;)

And, Ryan decided to squat too

Ashley relaxing with a magazine

Mr. Mike hanging in his sweats during a spell with allergies

Cory working on the impossible puzzle

Ms. Cindy baking brownies

Cute picture of Cory and Ashley

Hubby and me

Ryan playing some bocce ball (how do you spell this??)

Mike and Cindy

Ryan and myself....look how beautiful the water is!!

Ryan and his mom

Ash and Cory

On Thursday night, we met up with the rest of Ryan's family that were also at the beach. It was a big crowd but so so much fun.
 Ashley, Steven, David, Elaine and Ashley

Jo-Annah and Ashley

I think this is such a great pic of R's dad and mom

R with his precious grandparents

Reeses + Reeses

Me with my hubs

The whole group

Friday, Ryan's family took me to my favorite shopping place at the beach and we went to eat out there for my birthday. The made me feel so special and really honored me on my birthday. It was so much fun! Also, Market Common is the best place ever!!

Adorable pic of Ash and Cory

Sporting our pink (I PROMISE we did not plan this...we never ever plan to match, but somehow we always end up walking out the house with the exact same color on)

After dinner at P.F. Chang's we went for some ice cream at our favorite spot, Painters...delicious!

How about this coordinating background?



The Reeses left on Saturday and R and myself headed over to my parent's beach house to hang out with some of my family. We all went out on the beach, had a baseball game and enjoyed the sunshine. We were all together for Father's day on Sunday morning and went out to eat breakfast together.

Davis was cracking us up relaxing in this chair...he looked so grown up, so....

we thought it would be funny if he posed with a Bud Light....I promise he did NOT drink a sip!

My brother, Ken and his girlfriend, Kayla

Little Anna and me

Our baseball game...my mom is up to bat with my sister pitching :)

My team won!! We were named F.P.S or Fabulous Pink Sparkles by my niece Ragin

Sweet Davis and me

Love these little babies!!

Eadon

Anna and myself....I have nicknamed my haircut "Shroom"(like a mushroom) and they all decided Anna had a "Shroom" haircut as well, so the entire day we were referred to as "Shroom 1" and "Shroom 2"

Love this man of mine!!

The girls on Father's Day


Lee children with Big Ken

Sisters!

It was a great beach trip. I also was able to celebrate my birthday with both families which was fun as well. I can't wait to be back. Thanks to all those who made it so perfect!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shame Game

Ashamed. That is one of the main feelings I can use to describe how I have felt this week. Ashamed. When my 4 year old fought against 3, yes 3, grown medical professionals trying to obtain a strep test (which he did have). I saw the looks they exchanged as he bit the tongue depressor and gritted his teeth and made their job a living nightmare. Ashamed. When it was my two boys fighting that caused the other little boy to run and tell his mom that they were making his play time not so much fun and then they left. I felt like I saw a look that she gave me too. Ashamed. As I carried two bawling, boneless children through Publix trying to get to my car after they pitched royal fits through most of the checkout line. I saw the look my grocery cart helper and an older lady walking by exchanged as they took in my helpless state against the two raging children. Ashamed. When I lost it on my 6 year old who needed me to stay in the room so he could go to sleep when I was trying to

On Faith and Suffering

Suffering....it is not an easy thing to bear up under. I feel that as life goes on, I am seeing more and more suffering around me. I have recently been through a tough season in my life. In the midst of difficult circumstances, it has caused me to look to God and question at times. I think sometimes in the Christian life, we are told, “Don’t question. Just believe. God is good all the time.” This, of course, is true but I think there is true beauty in the wrestling. In the coming out on the other side having a deeper faith because of where God has taken you on the journey. I have recently been reading in Hebrews and like God does, He somehow lined up the Scriptures and where I was reading to answer some of my questions right in the face. Questions like... “Why do people who love you have to suffer?” “I understand suffering is for your glory, but we already love you and are about your glory so do we have to go through it?” “Are you really big enough? Good? Faithful?” “Is it

Showering Our Baby!!!

Can I just say that we are so excited to meet baby Jackson??!! I am at 35 weeks today, so it may be only 5 weeks away.....woo hoo!!! One of the reasons that I am so excited is that we have had so many kind, generous, thoughtful friends who have given us wonderful gifts and showers for this baby boy. We have had a fun time celebrating him with all of these sweet, sweet people!!! Our first shower was a work shower that the people at my office threw for us. It was really sweet. They made wonderful food, complete with a baby fruit display :) They gave us cute clothes, gift cards, diapers and wipes and the Snap and Go stroller!!! They really were too, too generous!!! Baby fruit :) Beautiful ribbon for the hospital door Delicious cake!!! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate....mmmmm!!! Sweet basket full of goodies from them The whole crew after the shower Some of the people of our community group and that we have gotten to know through church threw us a couple s