Skip to main content

Jam-Packed Weekend O'Fun

R and I had such a fun, full weekend. It really was a blast to spend time with friends and family and to just enjoy things around Greenville.

Friday night, we met some friends at an awesome joint called Brown Street Club. We started out with 8, but by the end of the night our crew expanded to 12!! We got drinks on the house because of Elaine and David having connections. We had a great dinner and fun time listening to the jazz being played. We laughed, moved to the music and had some good conversation. Ryan and I were the old people who left first :( We felt bad about it but we were just super tired. The rest of the group went clubbing and stayed out until 2 am!!! Here are some pictures of the occasion:

Nathan and Ryan thought this was a "good" look....not too sure about that...

Being suave..

Laura, Jamie, Rob and Nathan

Cory, Ashley, Brittany and Trey

Being silly

The Reese men and women

Saturday, we went to breakfast and to the farmer's market downtown with Matt, Britt, Cory and Ashley. We discovered a great little nook of a breakfast place we hadn't been to, Sobys on the Side. It was great and INEXPENSIVE, which is a good find these days.

After breakfast, Ryan, Cory, Scout and I went hiking at a great trail near Saluda called Little Bradley Falls. We hiked to a waterfall and it was beautiful. Scout had a BLAST!!! He was running all over the place and jumping in every last pool of water he could find...good thing there were not a ton of people out that afternoon so he could just run wild. Only bad part was that I had to share the backseat with my hairy and dirty lab. But, he laid his head on my lap for most of the ride home which was super sweet. Another bad part was when we thought we heard a bear on the trail and Cory basically pulled a limb off a tree getting ready to fight it. But, we did not see one.....PTL!!


Saturday night, we headed to Anderson to see Brooks and Lindsay. We went out to eat at a cute little spot in downtown Anderson called SummaJoes. We hadn't spent time with them since they got married, so it was fun to see them.

Sunday, we had to run a whopping NINE miles before church. Surprisingly, we had perfect weather and the run was not that bad. Almost enjoyable even! Then, we went to church.

Sunday night, we went to the last showing of West Side Story at the Peace Center. Very tragic story, which I had no idea of before we went, but the music was beautiful and we felt very cultured after the experience.


Such a great, great weekend full of laughs, good times, adventure and culture!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shame Game

Ashamed. That is one of the main feelings I can use to describe how I have felt this week. Ashamed. When my 4 year old fought against 3, yes 3, grown medical professionals trying to obtain a strep test (which he did have). I saw the looks they exchanged as he bit the tongue depressor and gritted his teeth and made their job a living nightmare. Ashamed. When it was my two boys fighting that caused the other little boy to run and tell his mom that they were making his play time not so much fun and then they left. I felt like I saw a look that she gave me too. Ashamed. As I carried two bawling, boneless children through Publix trying to get to my car after they pitched royal fits through most of the checkout line. I saw the look my grocery cart helper and an older lady walking by exchanged as they took in my helpless state against the two raging children. Ashamed. When I lost it on my 6 year old who needed me to stay in the room so he could go to sleep when I was trying to

On Faith and Suffering

Suffering....it is not an easy thing to bear up under. I feel that as life goes on, I am seeing more and more suffering around me. I have recently been through a tough season in my life. In the midst of difficult circumstances, it has caused me to look to God and question at times. I think sometimes in the Christian life, we are told, “Don’t question. Just believe. God is good all the time.” This, of course, is true but I think there is true beauty in the wrestling. In the coming out on the other side having a deeper faith because of where God has taken you on the journey. I have recently been reading in Hebrews and like God does, He somehow lined up the Scriptures and where I was reading to answer some of my questions right in the face. Questions like... “Why do people who love you have to suffer?” “I understand suffering is for your glory, but we already love you and are about your glory so do we have to go through it?” “Are you really big enough? Good? Faithful?” “Is it

Showering Our Baby!!!

Can I just say that we are so excited to meet baby Jackson??!! I am at 35 weeks today, so it may be only 5 weeks away.....woo hoo!!! One of the reasons that I am so excited is that we have had so many kind, generous, thoughtful friends who have given us wonderful gifts and showers for this baby boy. We have had a fun time celebrating him with all of these sweet, sweet people!!! Our first shower was a work shower that the people at my office threw for us. It was really sweet. They made wonderful food, complete with a baby fruit display :) They gave us cute clothes, gift cards, diapers and wipes and the Snap and Go stroller!!! They really were too, too generous!!! Baby fruit :) Beautiful ribbon for the hospital door Delicious cake!!! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate....mmmmm!!! Sweet basket full of goodies from them The whole crew after the shower Some of the people of our community group and that we have gotten to know through church threw us a couple s