Skip to main content

Country Livin'

Sometimes when I go home to Manning and the farm, I realize how country my roots are!!! I cannot believe that I forget it, but living in the big city does that to a girl! I was reminded this weekend as I attended my nephew's 6 year-old birthday party "down on the farm".  It was complete with four wheeler ridin' and picnic table sittin'.

It is a truly rare event that my entire family is all in one place at the same time. But, this weekend, miracle of miracles, it happened!!! My brother and his family were home from Chicago. It was so good for my soul to see them in the flesh and hug their necks!! And, on Sunday, every single one of our family members managed to make it out to the farm and spend some quality time together doing our favorite things....eating good food and having some laughs. We all remembered our sweet Daddy Scott as it has been over a year now that he is not with us. It only took Mama Scott a full year to finalize his gravestone, bless her heart, so we got to visit him too.

A truly, truly glorious weekend!!! Beautiful time doin' what country folks do.....sit, talk, eat and laugh!!! It's the simple things in life, people!!!

Eadon, Mae Harmon and Ragin

Having some fun on the trampoline

Angie and me

Cute girlies...Mae and Anna

Hay ride!!!

Sister photo time

Words and verse that sum up what this man was all about...

Rosy and Quin

Mama Scott and Perrin

Quin and the matriarch herself

Liz and Tripp

Angie and Quin

Liz, Quin and me

Scott, Rosy, Mama, Meri and Mama Scott

My, oh my, our family is getting big!!!


All of my sweet family!! Thankful for the blessing of them!

Comments

  1. so glad the blog is back :) I need some copies of the pond photos and the girls weekend!!! so glad i got to see you yesterday!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jackson's Nursery

We are awaiting baby Jackson's arrival right now at 39 weeks and 4 days:) so, why not pass the time by sharing a few pictures of his nursery? We cannot wait to meet him and Ryan thinks that with the zoo/jungle theme we have going on in the nursery, Jackson is destined to be a zoo keeper.....we will see! I have had so much fun decorating and putting together his little room and I hope he loves it!!! Here is his crib with letters we made and a mirror that i love!!! His crib is from Target and the bedding is from Serena and Lilly  We got the letters from hobby lobby and then hot glued zoo animals onto the letters and the orange ribbon I was really into bamboo shades and love the way the windows turned out with the brown and white combo. His changing table is a dresser we got from the Pottery Barn outlet and then we got the cover from a shop on Etsy Ryan's dad repainted this rocking chair for Jackson. It was the chair that Ms. Cindy rocked Ryan and his brothe...

10 things...

I am such a copy-cat today, but I love this idea! My favorite, Beth Moore, started this on her blog,  and then I noticed my girls, Alyssa and Kathyrn did it on their blogs too. I am learning so many new things about people and, naturally, I need to do it now! Here are the directions: What are 10 things - right off the top of your head - that we would only know about you if we knew you really well? 10 random things ranging anywhere on your personal map that make you a tad distinctive? Or just plain weird? Think quickly. Don't go for deep. Go for quirky. Don't try to put them in any kind of order and don't make them long. Just start typing. Since this is the Reese blog, I will attempt to do it for both of Ryan and myself.... Anna: 1. I hate to shave. Freshman year of college, I only shaved once a week and my friends and people I worked with tried to straighten me out with weekly "armpit checks"...sick, but true. 2. I love zits, abscesses, blood blisters---an...

Vacay to the BVI

Ryan and I went for a vacation a couple of weeks ago to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Our anniversary is not until August, but sometimes, things get crazy in the summer. So, we decided to take an early trip in April. We went to Biras Creek in Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. It was gorgeous!!! The only bad part was that it went by WAY TOO fast!!! The place was beautiful, quiet and so relaxing. I finally read The Hunger Games and so did Ryan. We enjoyed amazing meals that were prepared for us three times daily, blue skies and even bluer water, and some quality time with each other. It was such a blessing and came at a perfect time. Such a great opportunity to take a moment to stop and remember how much we love one another. Our favorite experience was snorkeling with a guy named Wayne from the resort. He took us to a few different reefs in the middle of the Caribbean ocean and we would jump off the boat and snorkel. It is amazing how many different colors or coral...