Skip to main content

Showering Our Baby!!!

Can I just say that we are so excited to meet baby Jackson??!! I am at 35 weeks today, so it may be only 5 weeks away.....woo hoo!!! One of the reasons that I am so excited is that we have had so many kind, generous, thoughtful friends who have given us wonderful gifts and showers for this baby boy. We have had a fun time celebrating him with all of these sweet, sweet people!!!

Our first shower was a work shower that the people at my office threw for us. It was really sweet. They made wonderful food, complete with a baby fruit display :) They gave us cute clothes, gift cards, diapers and wipes and the Snap and Go stroller!!! They really were too, too generous!!!

Baby fruit :)

Beautiful ribbon for the hospital door

Delicious cake!!! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate....mmmmm!!!

Sweet basket full of goodies from them

The whole crew after the shower

Some of the people of our community group and that we have gotten to know through church threw us a couple shower. It was perfect because there was pool volleyball and cornhole for the guys and the girls talked and unwrapped gifts. We had yummy hamburgers and cake. We are truly blessed to have gotten to know our friends the Ratchfords, Maggie, Sallie and Caroline and it was a blast to have different groups of friends come together and meet for the first time. We got some great clothes, cups/bowls, towels, the Boppy and the baby Bjorn!

Sweet banner they made....so cute!

Sallie, Maggie and me....gotta love a bubble necklace!

Cute little lion outfit from Aunt Ashley and Uncle Cory

All the girls

The whole crew!!!

Another weekend, we went to see the Grannies and celebrated with them as well. I really just wanted some time together, but they made it into their own mini-shower. They gave us a portable swing for baby Jackson to play in and Sally's parents gave us a beautiful monogrammed blanket. It was good for my soul to be with these guys and just have a couple of days to hang and relax. They are the best!!!


The Granny Group

We found this teepee that was set up for Daye and decided to have a little photo shoot!! 

Little snug for a pregnant lady

Wow.....

Today was a "Ready to Pop" shower given by my sisters-in-law, Ashley and Brittany, and Ryan's aunts, Elaine and Jo-Annah. They truly thought of everything. The entire shower was themed and they used all the colors in Jackson's nursery...orange and turquoise. It was adorable!!! The food all was themed as well from popcorn chicken to fruit pops to poppyseed muffins, completed with a popcorn cake. I am telling you, it was so, so cute!!!! We got some great things, including our carseat, playpen, bedding, clothes, diaper bag, changing pad, tub, towels, outfits. We only have a few things left that we need for this little guy!!

The popcorn cake made complete with M&Ms (if you know me, you know this is perfection!)

Orange and blue booty mints

Ready to pop favors...ring pops, Pop Rocks, Blow Pops, Tootsie Roll Pops

Gorgeous flowers and food display

Orange Izze drinks


Diaper Cake....so beautiful Mama Scott was wondering when we she was going to get a slice...not sure if she had ever seen a diaper cake before!

Britt, Ash, Ms. Cindy and me

The 3 great-grandmothers

Cute Tigger towel...Ryan picked this out :)

Super cute outfit!!

Love Willow Tree!

Diaper bag

Love this bedding!! Cannot wait to snuggle Jackson in with all his little zoo animals

Amber and me

My sister

Ash and Britt

Sweet hostesses

My family..Mama, Mama Scott, Liz and Rosy

My mom, Ms. Cindy and me

We have truly had a blast celebrating this baby boy and are so, so thankful for all the generosity and thoughtfulness that has been shown to us during this special time. We can't wait for him to use all these great gifts!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shame Game

Ashamed. That is one of the main feelings I can use to describe how I have felt this week. Ashamed. When my 4 year old fought against 3, yes 3, grown medical professionals trying to obtain a strep test (which he did have). I saw the looks they exchanged as he bit the tongue depressor and gritted his teeth and made their job a living nightmare. Ashamed. When it was my two boys fighting that caused the other little boy to run and tell his mom that they were making his play time not so much fun and then they left. I felt like I saw a look that she gave me too. Ashamed. As I carried two bawling, boneless children through Publix trying to get to my car after they pitched royal fits through most of the checkout line. I saw the look my grocery cart helper and an older lady walking by exchanged as they took in my helpless state against the two raging children. Ashamed. When I lost it on my 6 year old who needed me to stay in the room so he could go to sleep when I was trying to

On Faith and Suffering

Suffering....it is not an easy thing to bear up under. I feel that as life goes on, I am seeing more and more suffering around me. I have recently been through a tough season in my life. In the midst of difficult circumstances, it has caused me to look to God and question at times. I think sometimes in the Christian life, we are told, “Don’t question. Just believe. God is good all the time.” This, of course, is true but I think there is true beauty in the wrestling. In the coming out on the other side having a deeper faith because of where God has taken you on the journey. I have recently been reading in Hebrews and like God does, He somehow lined up the Scriptures and where I was reading to answer some of my questions right in the face. Questions like... “Why do people who love you have to suffer?” “I understand suffering is for your glory, but we already love you and are about your glory so do we have to go through it?” “Are you really big enough? Good? Faithful?” “Is it