Skip to main content

Another Trip to the Beach!!

Last week, Ryan and I went to the beach with my family. We usually go the week of July 4th. This year was great because my entire extended family was there---my bro and family were in from Chicago, my sister and all her family, my little brother, Mama Scott and all my aunts and uncles. We weren't all in the same house but it was so nice to be able to walk over and see them all. 

We spent most of the week soaking up the sun during the day and sitting by the turtle nest at night. My mom is in LOVE with sea turtles and one laid a nest right beside our boardwalk. The week of the 4th was right in line with the time it was supposed to hatch and so she wanted us out there every night keeping an eye out to see if the nest would hatch. It actually hatched the night after R and I left the beach!! R and I are also training for a half marathon, so we were doing some running during the beach vacation as well. And you know we found time for some Starbucks. We also celebrated the 4th together, watched and participated in the golf cart parade and got a beach-front view to watch some beautiful fireworks that night. All around, it was a great trip!

Mom getting ready to cook some dinner


R hanging ou on the couch

Eadon, Ragin, Mae Harmon and me....love these nieces so much!

My hubbie and me

Eadon and Ragin with Mae Harmon...they are so cute!

Mae and Me

In honor of all the "turtle"business with my mom, my sister and I made up a rap to perform for her and had a shirt made for her. It was really fun and I think she really enjoyed it....


Mom posing in the new shirt.....her new nickname is "The Turtle Whisperer"

The back of the shirt

Davis and Acie getting ready to head out for the parade

Liz with her girls


'
The golfcart as it passed by us in the parade

My cousin Eadie's boys with Eadon and Ragin

Meme and Doc with all their grandchildren

Lee children

Ryan and I trying to get a pic with Acie and Davis...


Elizabeth and me posing while watching fireworks

Such a great week!! Hope you all enjoyed the 4th as well!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Jackson's Nursery

We are awaiting baby Jackson's arrival right now at 39 weeks and 4 days:) so, why not pass the time by sharing a few pictures of his nursery? We cannot wait to meet him and Ryan thinks that with the zoo/jungle theme we have going on in the nursery, Jackson is destined to be a zoo keeper.....we will see! I have had so much fun decorating and putting together his little room and I hope he loves it!!! Here is his crib with letters we made and a mirror that i love!!! His crib is from Target and the bedding is from Serena and Lilly  We got the letters from hobby lobby and then hot glued zoo animals onto the letters and the orange ribbon I was really into bamboo shades and love the way the windows turned out with the brown and white combo. His changing table is a dresser we got from the Pottery Barn outlet and then we got the cover from a shop on Etsy Ryan's dad repainted this rocking chair for Jackson. It was the chair that Ms. Cindy rocked Ryan and his brothe...

10 things...

I am such a copy-cat today, but I love this idea! My favorite, Beth Moore, started this on her blog,  and then I noticed my girls, Alyssa and Kathyrn did it on their blogs too. I am learning so many new things about people and, naturally, I need to do it now! Here are the directions: What are 10 things - right off the top of your head - that we would only know about you if we knew you really well? 10 random things ranging anywhere on your personal map that make you a tad distinctive? Or just plain weird? Think quickly. Don't go for deep. Go for quirky. Don't try to put them in any kind of order and don't make them long. Just start typing. Since this is the Reese blog, I will attempt to do it for both of Ryan and myself.... Anna: 1. I hate to shave. Freshman year of college, I only shaved once a week and my friends and people I worked with tried to straighten me out with weekly "armpit checks"...sick, but true. 2. I love zits, abscesses, blood blisters---an...

Vacay to the BVI

Ryan and I went for a vacation a couple of weeks ago to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Our anniversary is not until August, but sometimes, things get crazy in the summer. So, we decided to take an early trip in April. We went to Biras Creek in Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. It was gorgeous!!! The only bad part was that it went by WAY TOO fast!!! The place was beautiful, quiet and so relaxing. I finally read The Hunger Games and so did Ryan. We enjoyed amazing meals that were prepared for us three times daily, blue skies and even bluer water, and some quality time with each other. It was such a blessing and came at a perfect time. Such a great opportunity to take a moment to stop and remember how much we love one another. Our favorite experience was snorkeling with a guy named Wayne from the resort. He took us to a few different reefs in the middle of the Caribbean ocean and we would jump off the boat and snorkel. It is amazing how many different colors or coral...