Skip to main content

Daytona Beach with Hatfields

My dad and his wife, Kim, have taken most of my family and gone to Daytona Beach for vacation for the last few years. Ryan and I have never been able to go between getting married and starting school and other things. This year, we were able to work it out to make the trip. It was a lot of fun. My brother's family, my sister's family and my other sister and brother were all there with my Dad and Kim.

The house is in Daytona Beach. It is kind of a crazy area of the world, but we really just stayed at the house the entire time by the pool. We went out to eat a couple of nights, watched movies and TV, and played in the pool most of the day. My nieces and nephews are growing up so so very fast, so I am trying to enjoy every single minute of it. 

This is a picture of the back of the house...it faces the intercoastal waterway and has a gorgeous view. We sat on the porch almost all day, every day reading and taking in the view of the water.

View from the house to the dock

On our first day there, Tripp was already relaxing out on this bench :) He deserves a little break...

My sister and Ragin

My sister, Alex and her boyfriend, Luke

Liz, Eadon, Ragin, Anna and me

My bukes and me sitting by the water

Love these girls!!

Sister picture

Davis and Acie..these are my two nephews and they are absolute total Best Friends!! It is so sweet to watch. At one point, we were all walking in to the movie and looked down to notice the two of them holding each other's hands walking along together...just melts my heart 

Angie, Eadon and Mae Harmon before going to eat

Ragin shootin' some hoops...we need to work on her form a little...

R and I at dinner one night

The other sweet thing is that all my nieces and nephews love each other to pieces. Davis adores Mae Harmon. On morning he decided he just wanted to carry her around the pool. Here is a picture of his achievement..
Then, Mae Harmon was loving it so much and loving him so much, that she decided she just wanted to kiss Davis on his cheek....

Eadon and Ragin

Sweet Maemers

Anna, Mae Harmon and me

Another picture of the gorgeous scenery

Mae Harmon pretending to be a robber with the garden hose

Fun times in the pool...Acie, Ragin, Alex, Davis and Eadon

My nephew, Acie, had seen a guy in Chicago with a blue mohawk and decided he NEEDED to have a mohawk. Angie wasn't too crazy about the idea but they compromised on night when she fixed his hair like this.....


Angie and Quin

Sisters...

Davis and Acie gettin' their Krispy Kreme fix

Getting ready to go eat

Alex and Luke

Acie being crazy

Anna and me...shrooms for life...

My hubby and me...love him!! This was the Reese family portrait when we all took pictures.

The Lee family

The Hatfield family...they were struggling to get everyone to cooperate for the photos

Daddy and Kim

Luke and Alex

Hatfield children with Daddy and Kim

Our entire family

Luke, David and Nick...they had to stay in the motor home all week so we referred to them as "The Motor Home Residents" all week

Few of my nieces and their "Aunt B"

My sis, Alex

Rags and me

Mae Harmon is just the cutest...

I love her so much...she is so sweet she really will give you a cavity..

Cute hubby and me at dinner

Angie with her Mae

Davis...

Anna posing like a Diva...

Liz and me

Ryan hanging with the kiddos

The girls at dinner

Quin, Liz and me...they are the best!!!

After dinner R and I's last night

It was such a great trip. I don't think I had spent that much uninterrupted time with my Dad, ever...which is so crazy. Made me weepy to think of the redeeming work of the Lord in my life and in his life. I am so thankful we were able to share some memories together. God is so good. All things are possible through Him and His grace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shame Game

Ashamed. That is one of the main feelings I can use to describe how I have felt this week. Ashamed. When my 4 year old fought against 3, yes 3, grown medical professionals trying to obtain a strep test (which he did have). I saw the looks they exchanged as he bit the tongue depressor and gritted his teeth and made their job a living nightmare. Ashamed. When it was my two boys fighting that caused the other little boy to run and tell his mom that they were making his play time not so much fun and then they left. I felt like I saw a look that she gave me too. Ashamed. As I carried two bawling, boneless children through Publix trying to get to my car after they pitched royal fits through most of the checkout line. I saw the look my grocery cart helper and an older lady walking by exchanged as they took in my helpless state against the two raging children. Ashamed. When I lost it on my 6 year old who needed me to stay in the room so he could go to sleep when I was trying to

On Faith and Suffering

Suffering....it is not an easy thing to bear up under. I feel that as life goes on, I am seeing more and more suffering around me. I have recently been through a tough season in my life. In the midst of difficult circumstances, it has caused me to look to God and question at times. I think sometimes in the Christian life, we are told, “Don’t question. Just believe. God is good all the time.” This, of course, is true but I think there is true beauty in the wrestling. In the coming out on the other side having a deeper faith because of where God has taken you on the journey. I have recently been reading in Hebrews and like God does, He somehow lined up the Scriptures and where I was reading to answer some of my questions right in the face. Questions like... “Why do people who love you have to suffer?” “I understand suffering is for your glory, but we already love you and are about your glory so do we have to go through it?” “Are you really big enough? Good? Faithful?” “Is it

Showering Our Baby!!!

Can I just say that we are so excited to meet baby Jackson??!! I am at 35 weeks today, so it may be only 5 weeks away.....woo hoo!!! One of the reasons that I am so excited is that we have had so many kind, generous, thoughtful friends who have given us wonderful gifts and showers for this baby boy. We have had a fun time celebrating him with all of these sweet, sweet people!!! Our first shower was a work shower that the people at my office threw for us. It was really sweet. They made wonderful food, complete with a baby fruit display :) They gave us cute clothes, gift cards, diapers and wipes and the Snap and Go stroller!!! They really were too, too generous!!! Baby fruit :) Beautiful ribbon for the hospital door Delicious cake!!! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate....mmmmm!!! Sweet basket full of goodies from them The whole crew after the shower Some of the people of our community group and that we have gotten to know through church threw us a couple s