Skip to main content

He Arose!


Growing up in First Baptist Church of Manning, SC we sang "He Arose" every year at Easter. It was always my favorite because the beginning of the song was quiet and when you got to the chorus of "Up from the grave He arose...", everyone got so loud to the point of almost shouting it out. I hope I get to sing it this Sunday too!

This is Easter week and I have been wanting to just take some time to reflect on the incredible gift we have been given in Christ. We who are the Lord's serve a living, moving God who desires LIFE for His children and had a plan from the begininning of creation for our salvation. God chose to send His only beloved Son to this earth to make a way for us.

"Because of His great love, we are not consumed." -Lamentations 3:22

God loves us so much that He knew He had to provide an atonement for our sin so that we could call Him "Father" and live in His presence forever. So, He sent Jesus...Emmanuel...God with us, who knew no sin but became sin so that we might become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21). I pray that our eyes would see this truth anew this Easter season. I pray that we would just be in AWE of the TRUTH of God's love story with us, His children.

How sad is it that so many people in his day did not believe Christ was truly the Messiah they were waiting for? He did not come the way they expected, he was not born where they thought he would be and he was not the type of king they thought would be sent for them. But, some did see that Jesus was "the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.(John 1:29)" Praise the Lord that Jesus was the perfect Lamb that gave His life to take away our sin!!

There is redemption for all sinners through Christ....I pray this falls fresh on you this year and that we are praising the Lord that there is forgiveness, mercy and grace abounding in Christ. God loves you and made a way for you!!

I loved this song that was sung this Palm Sunday at church. I thought I would share the lyrics. I loved it because it is about how we fall short of God's grace but Hosanna has come and we are forgiven and loved. It is "Hosanna" by Andrew Peterson:

I am tangled up in contradiction
I am strangled by my own two hands
I am hunted by the hounds of addiction
Hosanna! Hosanna!

I have lied to everyone who trusts me
I have tried to fall when I could stand
I have only loved the ones who love me
Hosanna! Hosanna!

O Hosanna!
See the long awaited king, come to set his people free, We cry
O Hosanna!
Come and tear the temple down, raise it up on holy ground
Hosanna! Hosanna!

I have struggled to remove this raiment
Tried to hide every shimmering strand
I contend with these ghosts and these hosts of bright angels
Hosanna!

I have cursed the man that you have made me
I have nursed the beast that bays for my blood
Oh, I have run from the one who would save me.
Save me. Hosanna!
O Hosanna!

See the long awaited king, come to set his people free, We cry
O Hosanna!
Come and tear the temple down, raise it up on holy ground
Hosanna! Hosanna! Hosanna! Hosanna!

And we cry for blood, and we take your life. Hosanna!
We cry for blood and we take your life
It is blood, it is life that you have given

You have crushed beneath your heel the vile serpent
You have carried to the grave the black stain
You have torn apart the temple’s holy curtain
You have beaten Death at Death’s own game, Hosanna!
 O Hosanna!

Hail the long awaited King come to set his people free, We cry
O Hosanna!
Won’t you tear this temple down; raise it up on holy ground
O Hosanna!

I will lift my voice and sing; You have come and washed me clean
Hosanna! Hosanna! Hosanna! Hosanna! …… Hosanna!


Jesus has come to wash us clean and present us holy before the Lord God Almighty!!  Remember His great love for you this Easter and every day!

"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:4

"The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here: he has risen, just as he said." Matthew 28:5-6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shame Game

Ashamed. That is one of the main feelings I can use to describe how I have felt this week. Ashamed. When my 4 year old fought against 3, yes 3, grown medical professionals trying to obtain a strep test (which he did have). I saw the looks they exchanged as he bit the tongue depressor and gritted his teeth and made their job a living nightmare. Ashamed. When it was my two boys fighting that caused the other little boy to run and tell his mom that they were making his play time not so much fun and then they left. I felt like I saw a look that she gave me too. Ashamed. As I carried two bawling, boneless children through Publix trying to get to my car after they pitched royal fits through most of the checkout line. I saw the look my grocery cart helper and an older lady walking by exchanged as they took in my helpless state against the two raging children. Ashamed. When I lost it on my 6 year old who needed me to stay in the room so he could go to sleep when I was trying to

On Faith and Suffering

Suffering....it is not an easy thing to bear up under. I feel that as life goes on, I am seeing more and more suffering around me. I have recently been through a tough season in my life. In the midst of difficult circumstances, it has caused me to look to God and question at times. I think sometimes in the Christian life, we are told, “Don’t question. Just believe. God is good all the time.” This, of course, is true but I think there is true beauty in the wrestling. In the coming out on the other side having a deeper faith because of where God has taken you on the journey. I have recently been reading in Hebrews and like God does, He somehow lined up the Scriptures and where I was reading to answer some of my questions right in the face. Questions like... “Why do people who love you have to suffer?” “I understand suffering is for your glory, but we already love you and are about your glory so do we have to go through it?” “Are you really big enough? Good? Faithful?” “Is it

Showering Our Baby!!!

Can I just say that we are so excited to meet baby Jackson??!! I am at 35 weeks today, so it may be only 5 weeks away.....woo hoo!!! One of the reasons that I am so excited is that we have had so many kind, generous, thoughtful friends who have given us wonderful gifts and showers for this baby boy. We have had a fun time celebrating him with all of these sweet, sweet people!!! Our first shower was a work shower that the people at my office threw for us. It was really sweet. They made wonderful food, complete with a baby fruit display :) They gave us cute clothes, gift cards, diapers and wipes and the Snap and Go stroller!!! They really were too, too generous!!! Baby fruit :) Beautiful ribbon for the hospital door Delicious cake!!! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate....mmmmm!!! Sweet basket full of goodies from them The whole crew after the shower Some of the people of our community group and that we have gotten to know through church threw us a couple s